We are always keen to hear from people across a wide range of disciplines who are interested in working with us.
You can also click on the link to view more video introductions
Electrical Design Engineer
Winbro Group Technologies are an acknowledged world market leader in the development and manufacture of advanced machine systems, technologies and services.
Winbro provides turnkey solutions for the Aerospace and Land Based Gas Turbine industries, Semi-conductor manufacture and Green energy industry.
Winbro has an approved component manufacturing facility which utilises our own machines and technologies.
- Electrical system design from concept to detail level
- Translating business requirements into robust designs
- Supporting commissioning and test of designed systems
- Ensure and demonstrate legislative compliance including machine type approvals, UKCA self-certification, build technical construction file.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- All electrical design aspects associated with developing new products or technical upgrade & enhancements to Winbro’s existing range of machines
- Generation of electrical schematics
- Creation and support of cabinet and machine electrical assembly drawings
- Part and cable specification
- Maintenance of parts lists (Factory Master MRP system knowledge beneficial)
- To present design philosophy, participate in design reviews and to communicate effectively with other members of the design team or wider audience.
- DFM/DFP (Design for Manufacture/Production) and best practice for electrical design
- Create and maintain evidenced legislative compliance, UKCA technical construction files and supporting documentation.
- Liaison with suppliers, customers, engineers and production team
- The successful candidate will have previously worked within an electrical design role, preferably in precision/machine tool industries or special purpose equipment
- Self-motivated individual working within a multi-disciplinary project team throughout the full lifecycle from concept to maintenance
- Strong technical and practical knowledge of electrical control systems, to include CNC systems, servo and inverter drives and PLC controllers.
- Experience of AutoCAD Electrical and MRP/BOM management systems is essential
- Knowledge of current UK, European and US standards and directives applicable to machinery is essential.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and communicate effectively with customers, vendors and internal personnel at all levels
- Ability to deal effectively with multiple problems whilst working under pressure
- Relevant electrical qualification HND or higher
- Proven experience in Electrical Design, 5+ years
- Experience in creating/ maintaining type approval documentation for CE/ UKCA compliance.
- An understanding of mechanical aspects of machine design and build to ensure electrical design is well aligned.
- Be an effective team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (technical and non-technical)
- Comfortable working in a multi discipline team of engineers
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Company Sick Pay
- Pension Plans
- Life Assurance
- Discounted Shopping Brands
- Gym Discounts
- Medical Cash Plan
- Private Health Care
- Personal & Partner Life Insurance
- Personal & Partner Critical Illness Insurance
- Cycle to Work