We are always keen to hear from people across a wide range of disciplines who are interested in working with us.
You can also click on the link to view more video introductions
Production Operative Apprentice
Winbro is a global leader in the design and manufacture of specialist non-conventional machine tools and also provides parts manufacturing services for customer across a range of industries including, semi-conductor, aerospace, power generation, medical and renewables. We have operational locations in the UK, USA, and Taiwan.
This role is based at our Manufacturing Centre of Excellence, which includes machine production, tooling, service, engineering, and our approved component manufacturing facility where we use our own machines and technologies.
Our Apprentice scheme will include placements in different areas of the business providing you with varied exposure and the opportunity to fully understand what Winbro does. After completing the rotation of different business areas, your development will be tailored to meet your individual needs, with the support to help you perform to your full potential. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with a “can do” attitude looking for a challenging and varied career.
The selected apprenticeship training provider is Loughborough College.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- WMS - To work within our Machine Systems department on the build, commission and test of complex non-conventional machine tools
- WPS - To work within our Product Services department in our tool room, manufacturing high precision, one off tools for use on our non–conventional machining processes
- WAM – To work within our Advanced Machining department supporting the manufacture of high precision turbine blades, vanes and structures across a field of safety critical industries to exacting world class standards
- Maintenance – To work within our on-site Maintenance department, focusing on planned maintenance and continuous improvements, and fixing production breakdowns
- Quality – learning and applying the various methods by which quality is embedded through processes within Winbro Group Technologies
- To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager
- Good level of education, with a minimum of 4 GCSEs grade C or above including Maths and 1 Science subject
- Good levels of numeracy and literacy, being able to show mathematical competence and comprehension of written instructions
- Have a genuine interest in engineering and an ability to handle tools and carry out practical tasks to completion
- Able to show a good degree of computer literacy
- Effective communication skills
- Committed to working safely
- Have a hobby or interests of a practical nature that demonstrates a genuine interest in engineering
- Being motivated and versatile with the ability to absorb information quickly and derive satisfaction from a job well done
- Have a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Seeking a position within a technically demanding and challenging environment
- Being highly motivated, confident, and organised with keen attention to detail
- A good team player
- Can demonstrate a willingness to learn